I agree about the access issue, by default for a driveway (or sub-type
pipestem :) access should be private, as it's solely intended for the
homeowner(s) to drive and/or park their vehicles. As Elizabeth points
out, yes, it does require routers to check the sub-type to see if it's
a driveway or not, but I don't think this is an issue, especially
since driveways (or at least the definition I'm familiar with in the
US) have no outlet and strictly lead to houses.

And in terms of detail, yes, this is definitely micro-mapping, and
true in part it has to do with facilities management. I'm very
interested in micro-mapping, but I understand I am a small minority.
However there's plenty of other crazy stuff I see mapped and tagged,
so I don't think I'm being ridiculous.

Regards,
-Josh