>From what has been written here it seems that elevation clearly does
not contain buildings.

Frederik Ramm:
> You would normally put a natural=peak tag next to the tower anyway.
> Or if you don't, then attach "ele" to the bench near the base of the
> tower or so ;)

Most peaks with some construction on them have a pile of stones or
some other marking with some elevation label. Yes, I usually would put
natural=peak there. Not always there is a peak nearby. Imagine an
end-station of a ski lift that does end under the peak. It seems
sensible to put elevation tag on it, but there is no suitable natural
object nearby. Therefore it should be clear how to map this.

Lukas