At 2012-04-15 13:55, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
On 4/15/2012 6:30 AM, Alan Mintz wrote:
At 2012-04-15 01:10, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
How would you distinguish an entry for visitors from an entry for
residents only?

name= or ref= or whatever else Mapnik was designed to render on a gate.

That's only a solution if the gates actually have names. I've never seen such a name.

You were asking how to mark a residents only entrance and I suggested one. If you want to be a purist about it, find out what other tags Mapnik might render on a gate and, if one of them is more suitable to put a description in, use it. If not, suggest Mapnik render description=* and use it.

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>