Hi!

Am 03.12.2012 um 20:27 schrieb Ole Nielsen <on-...@xs4all.nl>:

> I intentionally chose not to deprecate maxspeed:wet as I had the feeling that
> doing so might upset some people and I didn't want such minor issues to
> affect the voting process. Of course I will recommend to use the conditional
> scheme and hope we can make a recommendation to deprecate the maxspeed:wet
> tag if there is no strong opposition to do so.

The reason why I asked was: will someone complain if I change maxspeed:wet to
maxspeed:conditional when I encounter it? I don't think so but better safe than
sorry and therefore I asked ;-)

> BTW, I'm not sure how useful the wet tag (old style or new style) is. You
> will need some damn precise and detailed weather forecasts for a route
> planner to be able to use such information. And usually it is only fairly
> short sections of highway having such tags so the impact is minimal (and in
> my experience drivers pretty much ignore such signs anyway).

I guess the best answer to this is: 640 kB ought to be enough for anybody. ;-)

I completely agree with you, but who knows what some clever people invent
tomorrow. As I already have the information about those signs it doesn't hurt
to put it into the database.

Martin