On 02/04/2013 08:26 PM, Peter Wendorff wrote:

There is always an overpass query for every need :)

Anyway, these site=piste relation members would simply be related by ... ski.
Minimal tagging would be:
> type=site
> site=piste
> piste:type=nordic

or

> type=site
> site=piste
> piste:type=downhill

Then, optionnally, name, operator, url.

Members would be the ways described in the pistemap tagging scheme, and relations route=piste or route=ski.

I'm not sure pistes ways or relation should be given the role 'piste' as it is implicit. Same for upward lifts :) The only role that came to mind are the role 'entrance', 'link' (to another site),'perimeter' (if avail.).

I came here about this idea when I was shown this: http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/piste%3Aamenity#values Maybe these cafes, shelters, ... could be members of the site relation, maybe not, but there is apparently a need here to link them to the nearby pistes.

Yves