2013/2/4 yvecai <yve...@gmail.com>:
> Anyway, these site=piste relation members would simply be related by ...
> ski.
> Minimal tagging would be:
>> type=site
>> site=piste
>> piste:type=nordic
>
> or
>
>> type=site
>> site=piste
>> piste:type=downhill
>
> Then, optionnally, name, operator, url.

aren't there resorts which offer both, alpine and nordic pistes?

> I came here about this idea when I was shown this:
> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/piste%3Aamenity#values
> Maybe these cafes, shelters, ... could be members of the site relation,
> maybe not, but there is apparently a need here to link them to the nearby
> pistes.

by looking at what wikipedia writes about resorts in various languages
(en,de,fr) it seems as if the piste is more an extra for one or more
hotels, and that it might actually be the hotels which constitute the
main part of the resort. http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resort

cheers,
Martin