> What your are talking about are genus not species see:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:genus
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:species

You can specify a single species or many species together. "Species" is not
intended to be in scientific language but in common language, for
simplicity.
The tag is consistent with animal_shelter and animal_boarding where in
species you could specify "dog" or "mammal" or "little_mammal" or "pet" or
"sea_bird" or "sea_turtle": so a scientific classification is not
appropriate here, and would discourage the common mapper.

> Landuse=grass seems to be to general better use meadow.

Yes, landuse=grass is general for grass area for example in a dog or cat
breeding. If the grass area is used to feed animals, landuse=meadow or
better landuse=farmland should be used, but probably it would be outside the
breeding facility itself. However, ok, I will put a link to landuse=meadow
or landuse=farmland too.

Thank you for your comments.
Cheers
Alberto