In the case I am looking at now there is no street number for the campground.
At least there is no sign indicating one nor have I seen a street number on an
any map. So I guess that addr:housenumber might work. But I imagine that there
are campgrounds that actually have an street number assigned to the whole
complex, so overloading addr:housenumber would not work.

For what it is worth, the practice in the area I an interested in for
dispatching emergency services is to use the campground name and then the
written reports, if for Forest Service, use the old township and range
location. Other agencies might be using UTM grid nowadays.

addr:unit seems like a reasonable choice for tagging the individual campsite.
In the case where the whole campground has an street address, it seems like
adding a unit number to the campground address is sufficient. But the Forest
Service campgrounds in many of the areas I visit have no obvious street address
and the service roads within the campground are usually unnamed too. So what,
if anything, should be used for the addr:street tag?

Any objections to using a addr:housename tag set to the campground name? Seems
like that fits Bryce's old mailman analogy as an address that might have been
deliverable.

Paul: I assume that you've mapped your campground. Can you give me a location
to look at so I can view your tagging? Thanks!

-Tod