Am 11.07.2013, 16:06 Uhr, schrieb fly <lowfligh...@googlemail.com>:

Am 10.07.2013 20:34, schrieb doug brown:
 I wish to map the trails in a state park, many of which are multiple
use horse trails, hiking trails, and mountain biking trails.  What
tagging scheme would be appropriate for these trails?

I stopped using *ways as values and only use path with
bicycle/foot/horse=(official/)designated/yes/no.

I think, it is nice to see for who the trail is made for! So I would prefer bridleway & cycleway etc. (A minor problem is the high-ranking/strict default-value (i mean "designated"), better it is only *=yes)

You propose access-tags, but i think they only should used if there is a access-sign or symbol!?

everything else goes to extra tags:

mtb:scale=*
sac_scale=*
uiaa_scale=*