Hi guys, many thanks for your answers.

@Martin :
It would be ok since man_made=tower is dedicated to more particular
structures than common power towers.
What about man_made=power_tower ?

We would move all tag from tower:* namespace to power_tower:* too (for
design, type, colors...)

@Pieren
I know it's not unusual and that is exactly what is disapointing me.
If many cases like this exist in DB, how would I'll be sure to get all
transformers when submitting a query to API ?

Should I take care of power=transformer, transformer=yes,
transformer:power:tower=yes, power:tower:transformer=yes,
transformer=distribution ?

I would be glad to have only one tag to map transformers wherever they are
located.
Power is complex enough to artificially complexify things.

Furthermore and more widely, it should be forbidden to create tag values
which can be found on the same node.

@Greg :
Sooner or later soft will have to adapt due to the lack of consistency of
tagging.

Not perhaps but it will be mandatory to have heavy libs to deal with such
tagging policies.

As usual, the goal here is to bring consistency, intuitive shape and
versatility to tagging as for allowing non-familiar mappers to map instead
of asking non-sense questions.

In a nutshell, the single point against deprecation is because of
statistics even if poles or tower aren't tagged like what they really are
as fly mentionned.

FYI, only in France, there are about 80k poles with transformer on top.
There are not so much nodes like this yet in db but if we setup tagging,
they will.

Any other point of view ?

*François Lacombe*

http://www.infos-reseaux.com