> What does taginfo suggest people are currently tagging places with an "all
> you can eat" option as?

The closest I was able to find were 2 uses of cuisine=all_you_can_eat, 1
use of note=all_you_can_eat, 5 uses of buffet=yes and 68 uses of
cuisine=buffet.
The tag cuisine=buffet might have a considerable number of uses, however
cuisine=* describes the type of food, not *the way* the food is served.
Also my proposal is not specific to buffets, and allows other styles of
all-you-can-eat syles(like rodízios).

I'm not sure about the other countries, but I can say this tag will be
pretty useful in Brazil, where things like rodízios and buffets are
considerably common.
Of course, I tried to include every case I could imagine.