There are many all-you-can-eat restaurants in North America too, and
just like here, the actual food type (cuisine) may vary considerably.

Reading up on Wikipedia
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-you-can-eat#All-you-can-eat_.28AYCE.29),
this tag could also be shortened to ayce=yes/no.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 10:33 PM, John Packer <john.pack...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What does taginfo suggest people are currently tagging places with an "all
>> you can eat" option as?
>
> The closest I was able to find were 2 uses of cuisine=all_you_can_eat, 1 use
> of note=all_you_can_eat, 5 uses of buffet=yes and 68 uses of cuisine=buffet.
> The tag cuisine=buffet might have a considerable number of uses, however
> cuisine=* describes the type of food, not the way the food is served.
> Also my proposal is not specific to buffets, and allows other styles of
> all-you-can-eat syles(like rodízios).
>
> I'm not sure about the other countries, but I can say this tag will be
> pretty useful in Brazil, where things like rodízios and buffets are
> considerably common.
> Of course, I tried to include every case I could imagine.

>> John Packer wrote:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/All_you_can_eat
>>

>> What does taginfo suggest people are currently tagging places with an "all
>> you can eat" option as?
>>
>> I'm not convinced that this necessarily needs a proposal...
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Andy

Fernando Trebien
+55 (51) 9962-5409

"The speed of computer chips doubles every 18 months." (Moore's law)
"The speed of software halves every 18 months." (Gates' law)