> So now, what's the difference in /serving style/ between rodizio and dim
sum?

The former is a serving style while the latter is a cuisine. The latter
might also appear in restaurants that employ a serving style of rodizio.
Btw, this is the first time I've been exposed to that term either in print
or in reality but coincidentally, I ate lunch at such a place the the other
day here in Chiang Mai. We ate quite a bit of food there as they just
continued to bring it to the table

John, at this point, would you please you put all this into a summary, or a
full proposal, so we can see the entire package?

Cheers,
Dave

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 3:57 AM, John Packer <john.pack...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Updated the proposal.
>
> Summary of changes:
> 1. combined subtag :opening_hours with the main tag (inspired by the tags
> lit and fee)
> 2. removed value "only" from main tag
> 3. added value "special" to main tag
> 4. renamed subtag :type to serving_system (should I move this to a new
> proposal?)

>> So now, what's the difference in /serving style/ between rodizio and dim
>>> sum?
>>>
>> I never went to a restaurant with *dim sum*, but reading about it on
>> wikipedia, I would say the differences are:
>> In a rodízio, the waiters go around offering food, and don't leave food
>> on a table unless requested by the clients upon offering. Also, in rodízio,
>> the food doesn't come in plates, so there is no system for counting the
>> expenses(I haven't heard of a rodízio that's not all-you-can-eat).

>>> I think "type" is the wrong word, and I hate subtags, so why not simply
>>>
>>> serving={buffet|whatever...}
>>>
>>> So now, what's the difference in /serving style/ between rodizio and dim
>>> sum?

>>> - Serge

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska