For what it is worth, in the area I live in such facilities seem to be called
"corporate yards".

Since "industrial=depot" seems to have only one use at present and does not fit
exactly. At least it does not fit in my mind. Perhaps it could be tagged as
"landuse=industrial, industrial=corporate_yard" with operator="City of XXXX"
and maybe name="XXX Corporate Yard"

-Tod