> When you say "no longer appropriate", do you mean to say the
> all_you_can_eat idea is not appropriate, or that working through the
> approval procedure got bogged down? ;-)

I feel the idea is not appropriate, at least not to my initial needs. I
started this proposal to be able to tag some buffets and rodízios (which
usually are all-you-can-eat), and tried to be more generic.
But seeing the comments and after further reflection, I think I got off
track. That's why I am drafting another proposal to directly address my
needs (how to tag some kinds of serving systems).

In a first reading of the new proposal I see you did not include
> all_you_can_eat as a value or tag and I assume you now want to use
> "buffet", "smorgasbord", etc., to indirectly say that, right?

There is some overlap, but I believe tagging something as a buffet doesn't
necessarily mean it would be an all-you-can-eat option.
A rodízio hardly will not be an all-you-can-eat option, but this is not
100% of certainty either.