+1 for pricing_scheme, +1 against the :opening_hours subtag

What nounours77 proposes is simpler, easier to map, easier to
understand and easier to consume in applications.

I also suggest another tag:
serving_system=buffet/smorgasbord/a_la_carte/table_d_hote (read up
that Wikipedia link I've sent previously)

In extreme cases (e.g. two services with completely different
characteristics - different serving systems, pricing schemes and
cuisines - offered at the same time of the day), if you're really
picky, the best you can do is replicate the mapping of the same
restaurant for each kind of service it offers, each instance with its
own tags. (However, the usual recommendation is to choose the
"primary" values for each tag.)

I think it's absolutely ok to abbreviate all-you-can-eat by ayce, even
though this is more common in tag names (such as hgv, psv, addr, hov
and ele) than in tag values in OSM. Casual editors (using iD or
Potlatch) would rarely use the tag directly (they can easily get a
friendly named preset or option box, as they do for many tags today)
and advanced users should read the wiki at least once anyway, even for
tags that look deceptively obvious when ignoring the OSM context (e.g.
highway=track, understood differently in many places mainly due to
inexact translation).

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 6:40 PM, nounours77
<kuessemondtaegl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I do not understand why this is useful.
>
> The suggest tag is too long, to specific.
>
> I do not understand the need for a special all_you_can_eat:opening_hours
>
>> The problem with "cuisine=all_you_can_eat" is that "All you can eat" is
>> a pricing scheme,
>
> If you really think the information about the pricing scheme is relevant
> (which I don't), why not make a general tag:
>
> Pricing_scheme=all_you_can_eat
> Pricing_scheme=daily_menu
>
> greetings,
>
> nounours77

Fernando Trebien
+55 (51) 9962-5409

"The speed of computer chips doubles every 18 months." (Moore's law)
"The speed of software halves every 18 months." (Gates' law)