On 07/03/2014 08:37, johnw wrote:

But I don't know the correct word to represent "Onsen" in English.
Is "[something]=hot_spring_bath" better?

XX=hot_spring_bath would be perfect.

I think, "Onsen" is the very unique word to represent "bathing amenity, that water from natural hot spring".
So, I would like to hear the situations of other countries.

There is no single word in english that means onsen, so it would have to be several words at once. But there are other words that have been adopted (wadi, for example) to succinctly describe something that would need multiple words in english, so maybe they'll adopt the Japanese word here.

'Onsen' is in the Oxford Dictionary, defined as 'In Japan: a hot spring, esp. one thought to have medicinal properties; a hot spring resort'.

--
Steve