On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Florian Schäfer <flor...@schaeferban.de> wrote:

> True, in the most cases it is not important. But sometimes it is, for
> example in my T-deadend example, mentioned on this ML.
> All cases can be covered by the tagging on nodes. The tagging on ways can't
> cover all cases (deadends with more than one end) and causes problems for
> example when splitting ways.

I also explained why the mentionned examples are not a problem. I'm
ready to change my opinion if I get valid arguments...

> Therefore I'd recommend in the Wiki to use it always on nodes to avoid the
> problems with way-tagging.

But we don't have "problems" with the tag on the way ! It's true that
the wiki has to document the best practices but it should not fordid
practices that are not wrong, harmfull, unclear or ambiguous ! I
regret the time when people worked with a more open mind in this
project.

Pieren