> What, in tagging a way, indicates on which end of it is the dead end?
>> I asked that already).
>>

> The question does not make sense. Of course the end that is not
> connected to another highway is the dead-end. If the way should not be
> connected to anything on either side it will already be flagged as a
> connectivity error.

I think you missed André's point.
If a way has two dead-ends: one of which is an actual dead-end, and another
which is a connectivity error... then the connectivity error is missed
because noexit=yes was used.
Fortunately this doesn't actually happen because *noexit=yes on ways are
ignored* on validators like JOSM.

I think we all agree that tagging a way with noexit=yes isn't exactly an
error, but it has disadvantages (other were cited in this thread) and it
shouldn't be recommended on the wiki.