I disagree with just using a number, the tags are there to indicate that the
mapper had interpreted the speed limit from the type of road.
Should the limits change they make finding the limits that require changes
easier.
The number should be tagged, and I would not expect a data consumer to use
maxspeed tags, they are useful for validation.

Phil (trigpoint)
--

Sent from my Nokia N9