I removed the link to the key url=* because it's own wiki page advises it
shouldn't be used, so I figured there was no need to link it here.

As far as I understood, although it might make sense to tag an URL in some
cases, the meaning of this key is too generic, making it hard to be used by
tools.
Therefore it's better to use another key that better indicates the meaning
or relation of the URL, such as website=*, wikipedia=* and so on (not sure
if there are others).