You will probably need to have the camera in video mode, and subsequently
locate which frames give you the best view of the house number. Trying to both
watch where you are going, and also pick the best location for a single shot,
would be about as risky as trying to send text messages while pedaling. Also,
you probably need to have the camera mounted on a pole so that it can see over
parked vehicles and pedestrians.

On August 20, 2014 10:25:15 AM CDT, p...@trigpoint.me.uk wrote:

> On Wed Aug 20 2014 15:27:06 GMT+0100 (BST), Janko Mihelić wrote:
> > I'm trying to find a way to photograph sideways from my bike and
> send
> > photos to Mapillary. The day should be shiny with a lot of light so
> I don't
> > have to go to slow, and the camera should be mounted just right so I
> don't
> > lose too much numbers.
> > Then when the photos are on Mapillary, anyone can map the address
> numbers
> > in them (and shops and everything else).
> >
> Three more cameras and then you have an openstreetview.
>
> Cool.
>
> Phil (trigpoint )
>

> > Janko

> > > IMHO mapping house numbers while on a bicycle is one of those
> things
> > > that simply doesn't really work, contrary to other things that
> work well
> > > (road signs etc). Not that it couldn't be done, but the technical
> effort
> > > required to do so is significant (aka in the direction of googles
> > > streetview tricycle) and you still end up with having to post
> process,
> > > which again takes more time than doing it properly (at 1st glance
> > > slower) in the fist place.
> > >
> > > Simon

> preferably
> don't, placing
> are

> months has
> building to

> cycling past

> that
> ;-)) that
> mark
> no time is
> happy to
> (or could
> unit).

> --
> Sent from my Jolla

John F. Eldredge -- j...@jfeldredge.com
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.  Hate cannot drive
out hate; only love can do that."
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.