> On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 3:39 PM, Dave F. <dave...@madasafish.com> wrote:
>
>> I wish people in OSM would stop making things up, believing it makes their
>> point of view stronger.
>
> What?
>
> I am not assuming one-way would be a better default. Nor I am assuming
> anything about the world at large. What are you talking about?

Let's put all that aside.

> I only asked questions:
>
> 1) Which is the rationale? Not because I think it is wrong, but to
> understand it!

As Peter said, the default for services using OSM is always to assume
a way is _not_ oneway unless tagged otherwise.

> 2) In cities and towns where two-way streets are exceptional like
> Barcelona or Madrid, are people expected to tag them "no"? The
> motivation for this question is that there seems to be the convention
> not to tag them, and therefore you cannot tell the confirmed ones from
> the untagged ones.

No, I think more likely is that local mappers have not considered it a
priority to add the oneway tags, or maybe there are so many that it's
a difficult job that isn't finished yet.

Best
Dan