On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 3:53 PM, Dan S <danstowell+...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> 2) In cities and towns where two-way streets are exceptional like
>> Barcelona or Madrid, are people expected to tag them "no"? The
>> motivation for this question is that there seems to be the convention
>> not to tag them, and therefore you cannot tell the confirmed ones from
>> the untagged ones.
>
> No, I think more likely is that local mappers have not considered it a
> priority to add the oneway tags, or maybe there are so many that it's
> a difficult job that isn't finished yet.

At least in the Spanish mailing list, with some exceptions people
generally think leaving it blank is fine for any city, because it
means "no" anyway, so why say anything, the argument goes.

Of course, in Barcelona for example assuming "no" is impractical,
since most streets are one-way. So in the case of Barcelona I don't
think that is a good practice. And that seems to be also suggested in
the wiki:

"oneway=no is used to confirm that (a part of) a street is NOT a
oneway street. (Use only in order to avoid mapping errors in areas
where e.g. oneway streets are common, or to override defaults.)"