Am 24.08.2014 17:10, schrieb Friedrich Volkmann:
> On 24.08.2014 13:31, Christian Quest wrote:
>> In that case, how should application resolve housenumbers ?
>> What tagging do you propose to allow it ?
>
> I wrote down some thoughts here:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_Features/Multiple_addresses
> ...although I do now prefer addr2:* instead of addr[2]:*, because the former
> is more widely used and easier to understand.

The easiest way for me still seems to place two nodes each with one
address with in the building polygon (or on its perimeter with entrance=*)

> Concerning number ranges, I think that they should be mapped as they are
> (i.e. ranges), because that's how they are used in the real world (number
> plates, addresses in letters, etc.).

Well, I had a closer look at my city and found all combinations:

1. two separate buildings with one entrance in common.
2. one housenumber as range (probably former two buildings/lots)
3. one housenumber as range on bigger polygons with single buildings
with simple housenumber inside
4. one housenumber as range for multiple single housenumbers

>> I'm working on the BANO project who aims to create a nationwide address
>> database, using in part OSM data.
>> I already have to deal with this kind of addr:housenumber=*
>>
>> For the moment, 265-269 is transformed into 265 and 269 only, but having
>> some tag based clue that we have an odd number range meaning that 267 is
>> located at the same place would be a real benefit.

As the discussion shows a range should be treated literally without
addr:interpolation=*.

> Applications need to incorporate country-specific rules. The wiki already
> contains lists of country-specific maxspeeds and access restrictions for
> routing, and we probably need a list of country-specific rules for house
> numbers as well. E.g. house number ranges mean either either odd oder even
> numbers in Austria. In other coutries, a range may stand for both odd and
> even numbers.

In Germany I find both variants within the same cities.

> Given that the BANO project aims for a nationwide database only, your task
> seems easy. You probably already know the rules for your country.

cu fly