Okay, if I get you right, you want to add to every element with the tag
highway=traffic_signals and the tag name=* also another new tag, either
– highway=junction
or
– junction=traffic_signals
and the presence or absence of this tag shall influence the rendering?

* Here, I still do not see your point. What would you gain in doing so? You
have more tags, which means more work. But can you do anything that you can
not do with the current, yet existing tagging?

* highway=junction is impossible because the OSM database does not allow
two tags with the same key on the same element.

* junction=traffic_signals would also be problematic because in Japan you
can have named traffic signals on straight road, for pedestrian crossing
, and there is not any road junction.

Lukas

Lukas Sommer