On 15.01.2015 22:37, Clifford Snow wrote:
> As far as I can understand, this issue only really becomes a problem with
> tagging an amenity, shop, office, etc. It made me wonder how the business
> advertises and get mail. I can't imagine businesses using two different
> addresses. Then again I've never lived anywhere with this problem. Has
> anyone asked the business owners which address they use?
>
> Rather than add to the tagging scheme, I think we should first try to
> understand it from the business viewpoint.

I worked as a postman in Vienna for some months and I can confiirm that
businesses as well as private residents get mail with different addresses.
In that context I should add that some businesses get mail to PO boxes which
do not relate to a street or housenumber. Therefore, my original proposal
incorporated an addr:pob=* key as well. I left that out in the new proposal
to decrease complexity, as people vote against everything they do not fully
understand.