moltonel 3x Combo wrote:
> I'm playing the devil's advocate a bit here

I believe the modern day term for that is "trolling", and it wastes
everyone's time.

The whole railway episode has been really disheartening for the casual
disrespect it shows to committed contributors. No-one has a monopoly on
deciding what belongs in OSM and what doesn't, but honouring the dedication
and commitment of the users who have made our map great must surely be high
on the list.

We've already imported too much of the bureaucracy and the "automate
everything" attitudes that have damaged the Wikipedia community so. Please
let's not adopt deletionism as well.

Richard