On 13/04/2015 2:15 AM, Andreas Goss wrote:
I had already looked at this in the past and stumbled on it again with paintball today.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:sport%3Dshooting

What's the best way to tag a shooting range?

shooting=range make no sense to me. When sport= isn't a physical tag then how can a subtag be one?

I would tag
sport=shooting as an area for preference .. that being the physical area where the shooting takes place. It should be used with some other tag .. say leisure=pitch? Pity the wiki does not specify it!

So shouldn't this rather be used for the type of weapon or a specific shooting sport?

I think shooting=range is not correct .. maybe shooting=gun to signify the type of shooting ... compared to arrow, crossbow, cannon ...