As you all know, Template:Proposal_Page (used in proposals) has another set
of statuses than Template:ValueDescription (used in feature pages).

The latter defines:
inuse: the feature is in use
defacto: the tag is in widespread use, but no formal proposal process has
taken place

Now that's quite a fuzzy definition. Xxzme already asked for clarification
at Template_talk:ValueDescription, but nobody cared to anwer.

Please can we define some objective criteria for inuse and defacto? I
recently came across a never proposed tag with some 600 uses marked
"de-facto". If that's the way to bypass the proposal process, I will never
care about proposals any more. I will set all the tags I invented to "inuse"
as soon as I used them once, and to "defacto" as soon as I used them twice,
because 2 uses are widespread compared to 1.