It will be hard to come up with a number to distinguish between the two. As
others have pointed out on this mailing list before, the actual number of
items that can be tagged with a certain tag matters.
So in case there are only 600 items in the whole world of that "thing", it
is de-facto. If there are e.g. 1.000.000 such "things", it's more "inuse"
than "de-facto"

regards