W dniu 26.05.2015 16:54, Andy Mabbett napisał(a):
On 26 May 2015 at 13:01, Daniel Koć <daniel@koć.pl> wrote:

Wikidata alone may be problematic, because it's independent project,

Why would that be a problem?

If you start rely on something, it's good if you have some control of it and if it doesn't move too fast. =}

Fork Wikidata? Why?

I mean "fork" like a lightweight branch in Git, not like in big OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice code split. It doesn't have to be drastic - you can have your version of just a few objects you want to be different because it'll better suit your needs.

Doesn't this community have enough to do, just mapping?

Well, I would say OSM Wiki is already an exercise in making encyclopedia on our own... I wish we don't try to duplicate Wikimedia as much, but "mapping" is not just what one do with the editor.

Wikimedia already use our data for showing maps in the articles,
so I think it may be beneficial for both parties to have a close
cooperation.

That is indeed what's proposed.

Any more details on the scope of the proposition or maybe links to some published materials?

I already know that Wikimedia will try to make vector maps using OSM data, but what OSM have proposed for its' benefit?

--
"The train is always on time / The trick is to be ready to put your bags down" [A. Cohen]