On 15/07/2015 08:42, Richard Mann wrote:
I've taken to adding a way on the alignment of the crossing (with highway=footway+crossing=traffic_signals as tags). This allows them to be rendered as a orientated feature, rather than just as a node.

Do you have an example?

I guess the nodes aren't rendered because otherwise you'd have traffic light symbols dotted all over the place on some junctions.

I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. It should clarify routing slightly. They don't need to be rendered until zoomed right in close.

Cheers
Dave F.

---