On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 9:55 AM, Eric Sibert <courr...@eric.sibert.fr>
wrote:

> I think a good test case for testing if this can handle ongoing and complex
>> conflicts would be Kashmir, as it's currently five-ways disputed between
>> Pakistan, India, China, a Kashmir separatist/freedom/independence
>> movement,
>> and recently displaced-from-Afghanistan irregular Islamic fundamentalist
>> forces.
>>

> I would be cautious about not stabilized conflicts and therefore exclude
> the last group and just focus on the first four claimers. In the same idea,
> I would not try to describe the situation in East Ukraine.

OK, for KISS purposes, might limit it to the first three, as the latter two
aren't formally recognized; the fourth group claims the Northern Areas in
Pakistan and Kashmir in India; and the first four find a mutual enemy in
the remaining group (which unilaterally claims the entire planet as it's
rightful territory and as such is amorphous bordering on existential and
not rationally geographically defined).

> First question : can you draw current de facto borders? The northern part
> of India/Pakistan border?
>
> Second question : can you draw areas with uniform claims and de facto
> situation inside?

I guess I misunderstand the proposal; I was thinking the most extreme claim
for each of the three would be drawn as being "within" the claimant, with
the outermost boundaries of the conflict region making up a multipolygon.
Basically a geographic Venn diagram.