On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 17:52:17 +0200
Anders Fougner <anders.foug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Den 28.08.15 16.56, skrev Mateusz Konieczny:
> > On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 14:15:56 +0200
> > Anders Fougner <anders.foug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> So we should consider replacing the tagging scheme with one which
> >> isn't misunderstood so easily.
> >> The use of access:foot=*, access:bicycle=* has been proposed at
> >> <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/access_restrictions_1.5#Namespace>
> >> but just not taken into use. It looks good, though...and wouldn't
> >> be so easily misunderstood, I believe.
> > Why it would not be "so easily misunderstood"?
> Well, I think it could be just because people intuitively think that
> highway=path, bicycle=no means it's a trail not _suitable_ or
> comfortable with a bike. The word access is simply not there, and
> then they don't even think about that as a possibility. And, people
> not into mountain biking might believe that trails are not usable or
> accessible with bikes unless they are paved or otherwise designed for
> biking.

Adding access: will not improve anything as it is still not indicating
that it is about legal access. legal_access:bicycle=* would at least
give chance that it will be more easily understood (not that it would
be a good idea).

> Can you find a better solution?

I already mentioned improving editors. For example iD - is it clearly
indicating that it is about legal status? I am also regularly checking
situation in my region and fixing new problem.