On 6/10/2015 9:48 PM, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
On Sun, 4 Oct 2015 08:37:54 +1100
Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 4/10/2015 5:29 AM, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
I will respond to other parts later.

On Sat, 3 Oct 2015 21:58:25 +1000
Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:

Again: Intermittent does not mean seasonal.
I never claimed this. AFAIK nobody claimed that. What is the point
of repeating it?

Because you latter say

On 3/10/2015 6:51 PM, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
Can you provide sources that in hydrology "intermittent waterway"
does not apply to regular appearance/disappearance of water?
According to my understanding seasonal waterway implies that it
is non-permanent waterway, and currently in OSM "intermittent
waterway" is treated as synonym of "non-pernament waterway".

I claimed that seasonal implies intermittent.

I never claimed that intermittent means seasonal (intermittent
certainly does not imply seasonal).

For me;

Seasonal means it is in a set yearly pattern, regularly, repeating on a yearly
cycle.

Intermittent means it is irregularly, random without a pattern. Not cyclic.

Note that the words and descriptions above apply to anything.. rivers, lakes
leaves falling off trees, animal migration.

Some statistics I managed to find

For the Cooper River Australia..

Mean annual flow 3.35 km3 (for non metric people k= kilo m3 = cubic metres)

Standard deviation 3.45 km3   !!!! The standard deviation is larger that the
mean! Looks wrong to me.. but the source goes on to repeat that for others.

Source
http://www.k26.com/eyre/The_Lake/Data/Tributaries/The_Cooper_Creek/the_cooper.html

The reason why the Cooper is regarded as intermittent .. is because in some
years it does not flow at all .. in others .. it floods .. lots.
And no one has any way of predicting the flows.

Official records ..
http://www.bom.gov.au/qld/flood/brochures/cooper/cooper.shtml