Intermittant= is present irregularly. Larger objects tend to exist for longer
than smaller objects. Smaller objects usually appear and reappear more
frequently, but this frequency, overall is random.

Seasonal = present only during a certain time or times on the yearly cycle of
the earth's journey around the sun.  Possibly driven by human choice, but those
choices are driven by the seasonal cycle.

Intermittent means randomly. It may be more often in one season or another -
but at some point the feature randomly exists or doest exist. This is good for
lakes and other "sometimes there, sometimes not" features, as long as one state
persists long enough to be noticed  /used - An intermittent like or river may
be present for days or weeks, perhaps months. The water in a wadi or wash may
only be present for a few hours and then dry the rest of the year, so it is not
an intermittent river - it uses a tag for the more permanent state (wadi).
Natural salt flats (that are nor marshes or covering a mushy liquid underneath)
might also be similar.

A seasonal item appears and disappears according to some yearly based cycle
(the seasons) - usually due to cyclical and repeating climate changes brought
about by the earth's journey around the sun, not geologic (ice ages) or long
term climate processes (el nino, global warming etc). A lake with water once
every 3 years is intermittent at best. But if it is a lake for 3 months and
used as a lake, then it is an intermittent lake.

The salt flats in Death Valley every 10 years or so get a few inches of water
to smooth out the salt, and is gone very quickly. It isn't a lake, its a salt
flat. Only an extraordinary storm causes it to be wet for very long.

A lake that forms during the rainy season in the summer in Japan, a lake that
appears from rain in the desert in winter, a stream from snowmelt runoff in
summer, etc are all seasonal. The rest of the year they are usually dry or
gone, but during a useful/noticeable amount of time during a repeating time(s)
every year (there are two rainy seasons in some places), they exist and are
there - every season. (Hence seasonal)

Cyclical =/= seasonal. Seasonal is somehow linked to the 1 year earth-sun
cycle, like our caleander and our concept of "the 4 seasons" - where we get the
word.

El ninos and other things are linked to other cycles (sunspots, etc) or follow
longer climate cycles - but those cycles are not part of nor implied in the
word "seasonal".

Javbw