On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 1:24 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't see why a place to rent motorcycles should be tagged in a way that
> facilitates confusion with a place that sells motorcycles. Why would you do
> this? People look either for the first or the second but almost never they
> don't care, so a distinction at the top level seems right.
>
> Also from a linguistic point of view, "sales" is not chosen
> extraordinarily well, it sounds like "bargain sale"/"clearance sale" or am
> I over interpreting this?

+1

I agree. Top level tags for the main functions of motorcycle rentals, parts
and repairs make sense and are less confusing. In the case of a shop that
primarily sells motorcycles, adding extra tags when it also sells clothing,
parts, service, and inspections is fine as well. However, one could make
the argument that a top level tag of shop=motorcycle with subtags to
determine what particular type of shop it is also makes sense and I think
that's what the writers of this preset are trying to achieve.

As for the sale tag, I think removing it or ignoring it altogether is the
best approach.

--
Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska