Two observations ....

- the motorcycle preset in its present form (well with the exception of
an improvement from yours truly) exists since at least JOSM 3498 6 years
ago ... debating the motivations of whoever added the sale key is rather
moot at this point in time.

- pure motorcycle rental places are very very rare (pls don't assume
that it is the same as with cars), at least I and I suspect most other
bikers are likely to  search for dealerships and then check if they
provide rentals or not.

And yes, the sale key is rather weird,

Simon