> For example at present  a mapper adding tags to a sewing shop that sells
> sewing machines can have
>
> paff=yes    ... that makes no sense unless you know Paff make sewing
> machines.
>
> gutenberg=yes ... makes no sense unless you know they make thread... but
> it is also a project for copyright free books ...
>
> husqvarna=yes ... makes both motorcycles and sewing machines ... does this
> mean both are sold here?

this kind of tag is quite bad I think, because it doesn't convey a meaning
in a semantic sense. They don't say what "pfaff=yes" means, and there can
easily be cases of ambiguity because they are too short / universal in
meaning. Better use brand=Pfaff so you know at least that "Pfaff" is a
brand (even if you don't know them) and not a means of transport, an access
restriction or a shop type, or whatever.

You have asked about the property "sells=motorcycle;yamaha" on a
shop=motorcycle. My stance is that this would better be tagged as
"brand=Yamaha". "sells=motorcycle;yamaha" doesn't make much sense to me
(they sell motorcycles and yamahas?). I would only use this in case it is
an authorized dealer (or in other words: you can see from the outside that
this is a Yamaha shop, it has a sign written "Yamaha" on it, people can use
this information to recognize the shop, etc.).

Cheers,
Martin