> At the moment I see mappers leaving blank spaces because they cannot
> identify individual buildings, either because of the complexity of the area
> or because the imagery is not sharp enough. This approach will allow them
> to indicate that there are structures there but need more attention.

IMHO if you can't identify individual buildings because you are working
from remote and don't know the area and the aerial imagery is not sharp
enough, you simply shouldn't map individual buildings and refrain from
using the building tag. Use the landuse tag, map the areas and wait for
better imagery, or use alternative methods if you are on the ground and
know how to do it.

Cheers,
Martin