We are really discussing two different issues here.

- use of building key for buildup areas that should be
landuse=residential or other landuse variants, don't think anybody
disagrees that building is misplaced is such situations

- use of one building outline for a complex of potentially more than one
building that are adjacent and not easily divided in to individual
component structures (I had to laugh at the suggested "can stand on its
own" criteria, having seen other building collapse when one in a row has
been demolished).

Simon