On Tuesday, April 18, 2017 6:20:24 AM CDT John Willis wrote:

> This is why I love landuse for buildings. I use this method to map
> most business and factories.  (Landuse=retail+name=* and then
> Building=retail inside, with driveways and parking lots as well)
> works great for multi-building apartment complexes. Unlike the
> suburban US, most everything in Japan has a concrete wall or a
> chain link fence on the property line (you can see the
> stone/plastic property line markers in the wall/ground if you do
> a ground survey, so assuming the walls are always a property
> lines is a safe assumption) so it is really easy to "landuse"
> everything.
>
> Its why I really want a landuse=civic or equivalent for the
> government/city hall/tax office Kind of complexes.

I've thought about heading to City Hall and using their zoning map
to complete landuse for a city, as there is a correspondance.

But you would also find something like landuse=school, landuse=park,
etc.

You would also find further subdivisions, so for residential areas
you might have landuse:<some adopted code>=R1 through R4.

The borders would tend to follow the the centerline of streets, as
street passage tends to be allowed through the use of easments.

At least in this neck of the woods.  Still, the zoning maps would be
useful.

--
Tom Hardy <rhardy...@gmail.com>