Hi,

This proposal sounds good, and I've got questions or comments

fire_hydrant: namespace is too restrictive regarding
fire_hydrant:water_source
Can't we just use water_source instead? Many other devices using water can
take benefit from this.

What is the difference between in_service=no and disused=yes ?

:type subkeys aren't so great, and fire_hydrant:coupling:type can only be
fire_hydrant:coupling (or fire_hydrant:coupling_type to get more verbosity
as said above)
The same for fire_hydrant:type, can't we use fire_hydrant only to give the
delivery mechanism ?
The water supply part goes into water_source=*.

fire_hydrant:position also exists and it's definitely not a concept
specific to fire hydrants.
position=* or at least location=* can be used.

I would agree it's a lot about semantics, but that's important questions to
prevent errors or ease adoption of proposed keys IMHO.

All the best

*François Lacombe*

fl dot infosreseaux At gmail dot com
www.infos-reseaux.com