On 27.7.2017 22:20, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
I have doubts that "sq." is the official name. I believe the official name would be "square", even when it is abbreviated on the street signs to save by making smaller signs.

No, some of the official, legally binding, names prescribed by respective authorities really do contain abbreviations. There are even cases of a "Masaryk ave." and a "Palacký avenue" (one abbreviated, another not) in the same city. I once tried to make this consistent by looking up all the abbreviations through Overpass and "fixing" them, but it wasn't taken well (to put it mildly) by the local community because of this very fact. And even if there were no abbreviations, there's still the problem with numbers.

Regards,

--
Michal Fabík