My reference was to the osm wiki, which was somehow converted into a link
to Wikipedia

On 23 Oct 2017 2:33 p.m., "henkevdb" <m...@henkevdb.be> wrote:

The definition of 'Pier' on wikipedia is in my opinion not exactly correct.
A pier is (usually) 'a long stretched construction on the ground or in a
body of water', sometimes floating on water, sometimes on pillars,sometimes
as a building on an airport,sometimes made of rocks as dam. But can also be
a name of a person or a column designed to support concentrated load , etc
. -> https://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/pier

The Category:Piers in wikipedia should be more increased/detailed in my
opinion -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Piers