> Martin wrote:
>
> > If this building is considered a cathedral I would use the tag.
>
> In the present case, it is not considered a cathedral today.

wikipedia says: "it is known under the moniker the smallest cathedral in
the world" and it has been seat of a bishop.

> But even if it was, as said, I won't use building=cathedral and I think it
> is well explained in the wiki page
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dplace_of_worship
> at section "Architectural style of buildings"
>
> Function (not form) might be better defined with an administrative-related
> set of tags, such as discussed here:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Key:boundary#Religio
> us_authority_boundaries
> boundary=religious_administration religion=*
> denomination=*
> admin_level=*

so what is the "form" of a cathedral?

> > size is not everything, surely you have noticed this is from the nineth
> century?
>
> Well, the Wikipedia page reads: built as a royal chapel, not built as a
> cathedral. It was not considered a cathedral then.

Actually it says: "According to a theory from an art historian Mladen
Pejaković" from 2009. I've read the first reference, and it also states
that initially the church was used as an royal chapel in the nineth
century, but since 879 and until 1828 (i.e. for almost 1000 years) it was
seat of the bishop (if I interpret the autotranslation correctly). Not
enough? I do not insist and will leave this to the local mappers to decide,
obviously, but I don't think it would be a problem to classify it as
cathedral.
http://www.zadarskanadbiskupija.hr/?p=4009

Cheers,
Martin