On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 4:22 PM, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> How about this one then? :-)
>

> http://ccheadliner.com/news/world-s-smallest-cathedral-
> about-to-close/article_156ea8a8-dbaf-11df-9bd0-001cc4c03286.html
>

> A Bishop lived on site & conducted services every day, so it *would* have
> been a cathedral (even though it looks like a garden shed!), so I guess it
> should be tagged that way?

and our Wiki even has a denomination=old_catholic which would be correct
for these schismatics.
(Which Wiki entry should, but does not yet, link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Catholic_Church . There are much larger
OCC sects than the one with this "cathedral".)

> As it's now closed & been de-consecrated, what should it now be tagged as
> in OSM - building_yes; historic_church, possibly with start & end dates,
> even though it's just in someone's backyard?

building=yes
I agree. I wouldn't have called it  building=church even while it was
consecrated by this minor splinter denomination (165 adherents), since as
you say, it's a garden shed used as a chapel and cathedra, not a basilica
with a cathedra​, with or without transept. (I would have inlcuded amenity
for worship, but no longer.)

historic_church -- for expansively small values of historic and church, but
it does rise to Wikipedia's Notability level.

The Building way or point should link either
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Pruter
or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_Catholic_Church_(Pruter)
or possibly both.