On 11/1/18 21:23, Jo wrote:

How are we going to jump start the hail_and_ride voting process?

I think the proposal needs a bit of work before it goes to a vote:

1. The definition from Wikipedia needs to go as it doesn't add any value and also defines the case where you have to signal the driver that you want to get on or off at a designated stop (ie: 99%+ of all bus stops in Australia).

2. Needs to make it explicit that this is only for the PTv2 schema.

3. Needs to be modified to handle the case where people are only allowed to alight or board but not both. I know of at least one case where there is a shuttle service to a car park and people can be picked up anywhere along the route and be taken to the car park, or alternatively they can board at the car park and alight anywhere along the route, but they are not allowed to use it as a service to travel between points on the route. Some sort of roles like pick_up_only and set_down_only or some other better choice of roles.

4. Make a call on the proposal by Singing-Poppy that the relation also be tagged hail_and_ride = yes/partial/no. I don't think this is necessary as it is just duplicating the same information as can be derived from parsing the members and adds to the ongoing maintenance load.