28. May 2018 02:22 by 61sundow...@gmail.com <mailto:61sundow...@gmail.com>:

> Why not add the tag water=yes to all waterways and lakes etc?

Because it adds no useful info?

> About as usefull as the tag intermittent now as it means any waterway that
> might not have water in it .. at any time.
>
> Most waterways dry up in droughts .. so even those waterways regarded as
> perennial can now be tagged intermittent.

Everything tagged in OSM is not true in extreme situation. Car crash may cause
passable road to

not be passable, tunnel may be blocked by an avalanche, shop may be closed
during strike,

waterway may have no water during unusual extreme drought or during some weird

hydro-engineering like dropping outflow from a dam to zero.

> So I now regard the intermittent tag as having no usefull information

I consider it as an useful information to distinguish permanent waterways and
waterbodies

from nonpernament.